Our Publicity group volunteers help to spread the word and attract new donors.
Volunteering in the Publicity group can involve:
- Keeping the website up to date
- Managing our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts
- Publicising events – using Facebook, Eventbrite, and good old-fashioned posters
- Designing flyers and reports about our work
- Writing press releases and contacting the media
- Speaking or running stalls at meetings and other events
If this side of things appeals to you, we would love more volunteers.
Please fill in the form on our volunteer sign up page and tick the box for Publicity group. We’ll be in touch shortly to arrange a time for you to meet up with an existing volunteer for a chat about what you can help with.
Or you can use the same form to volunteer to help out with the Care & Support group, Events group or Admin group
Some people in the Publicity group are also members of the charity – they attend monthly meetings and help make decisions about the direction of the organisation. Let us know if you’d like to do that, and we can let you know more about what’s involved.