Our Events group volunteers organise fundraising events throughout the year.
Volunteering in the Events group can involve:
- Booking venues and performers
- Liaising with the Publicity group about publicity and ticket sales
- Making cakes or other food
- Running a bar
- Finding raffle prizes and selling raffle tickets at events
- Setting up and packing up
If this side of things appeals to you, we would love more volunteers.
Please fill in the form on our volunteer sign up page and tick the box for Events group. We'll be in touch shortly to arrange a time for you to meet up with an existing volunteer for a chat about what you can help with.
Some people in the Events group are also full members of the charity - they attend monthly meetings and help make decisions about the direction of the organisation. If you want to become a full member, you'll need a Basic DBS Check certificate. If you have one already, please bring it when you meet us. If not, we can help you sort this out before you start coming to meetings.